Commission Chambers - Room 400
City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
Thursday, January 7, 2010
COMMISSIONERS PRESENT: Miguel, Olague, Antonini, Borden, Lee, Moore, and Sugaya
THE MEETING WAS CALLED TO ORDER BY PRESIDENT MIGUEL AT 1:34 P.M.
STAFF IN ATTENDANCE: John Rahaim – Director of Planning, Larry Badiner – Zoning Administrator, Sarah Dennis, Tara Sullivan, Scott Sanchez, Chris Haw, Bill Wycko, Nannie Turrell, and Linda Avery – Commission Secretary.
1. Public Comments on Matters to be discussed in Closed Session.
SPEAKERS: Francisco Da Costa
RE: Academy of Art University
Espanola Jackson (spoke under item 2 below on an issue not on the calendar today)
RE: Introduced the Chief of the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe
Rosemary Cambra – Chief of the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe
RE: Toxic problems that occur in our environment and the toxic paperwork from various sources. I’m here as a voice and leader to help the Commission understand the cultural problems related to the Muwekma Tribe and keep our environment clean.
2. Consider adoption of motion on whether to assert the Attorney-Client Privilege regarding the matters listed below as Conference with Legal Counsel. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d).)
ACTION: Approved assertion of the Attorney-Client privilege to go into Closed Session to confer with legal counsel regarding the matters listed below
AYES: Miguel, Olague, Antonini, Borden, Moore, and Sugaya
THE PLANNING COMMISSION WENT INTO CLOSED SESSION TO DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING:
3. Conference with Legal Counsel - Pursuant to California Government Code Section 54956.9(b) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) to discuss exposure to litigation with respect to Palmer/Sixth Street Properties v. City of Los Angeles (2009) 175 Cal.App.4th 1396. Anticipated Litigation: As Defendant (one case). (Kate Stacy and Susan Cleveland-Knowles)
4. Conference with Legal Counsel – Pursuant to California Government Code Section 54956.9(c) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) to discuss whether to initiate litigation with respect to the Academy of Art University. Anticipated Litigation: As Plaintiff. (Kate Stacy)
FOLLOWING THE CLOSED SESSION, THE PLANNING COMMISSION RECONVENED IN OPEN SESSION.
5. The Planning Commission will make an announcement following Closed Session and will consider a motion regarding whether to disclose the discussions during Closed Session.
ACTION: The President announced that the Commission did not take any actions during Closed Session. The Commission passed a motion to not disclose in whole or in part what was discussed in Closed Session
AYES: Miguel, Olague, Antonini, Borden, Lee, Moore, and Sugaya
Adjournment: 5:13 p.m.
Adopted: January 14, 2010