May 1, 2008 Special
Minutes of Special Meeting
Commission Chambers - Room 400
City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
Thursday, May 1, 2008
President: Christina R. Olague
Commissioners: Michael J. Antonini;
M. Sue Lee; William L. Lee; Ron Miguel; Kathrin Moore; Hisashi Sugaya
Commission Secretary: Linda D. Avery-Herbert
COMMISSIONERS PRESENT: Olague, Antonini, Lee, Miguel, Moore and Sugaya
COMMISSIONER ABSENT: None
THE MEETING WAS CALLED TO ORDER BY PRESIDENT OLAGUE AT 12:37 P.M.
STAFF IN ATTENDANCE: John Rahaim – Director of Planning, Larry Badiner – Zoning Administrator, Scott Sanchez, and Linda Avery-Herbert – Commission Secretary.
ALSO IN ATTENDANCE: Kate Stacy – Deputy City Attorney
A. CLOSED SESSION
1. Public Comments on Matters to be discussed in Closed Session.
Michael Burk – Attorney for the Academy of Art University
- We have been listening to your concerns. We hear you. We need time to address the concerns.
2. Consider Adoption of Motion on Whether to Assert the Attorney-Client Privilege Regarding the Matters Listed Below as Conference With Legal Counsel.
ACTION: Passed a motion to assert the attorney/client privilege and went into Closed Session
THE PLANNING COMMISSION WILL GO INTO CLOSED SESSION TO DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING:
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Pursuant to California Government Code Section 54956.9(c) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) to discuss exposure to litigation with respect to the Academy of Art University. (Kate Stacy)
FOLLOWING THE CLOSED SESSION, THE PLANNING COMMISSION WILL RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION.
4. The Planning Commission will make an announcement following Closed Session and will consider a motion regarding whether to disclose the discussions during Closed Session.
ANOUNCEMENT: In Open Session, the President announced that the Commission took no action in Closed Session.
ACTION: Passed a motion to not disclose information from the Closed Session
AYES: Olague, Antonini, Lee, Miguel, Moore, and Sugaya
B. ADJOURNMENT: 1:20 p.m.
THESE MINUTES WERE PROPOSED FOR ADOPTION AT THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION ON THURSDAY MAY 29, 2008.
AYES: Olague, Miguel, Antonini, Lee, Moore and Sugaya
NOTE: Per Section 67.18 of the Administrative Code for the City and County of San Francisco, Commission minutes contain a description of the item before the Commission for discussion/consideration; a list of the public speakers with names if given, and a summary of their comments including an indication of whether they are in favor of or against the matter; and any action the Commission takes. The minutes are not the official record of a Commission hearing. The audiotape is the official record. Copies of the audiotape may be obtained by calling the Commission office at (415) 558-6415. For those with access to a computer and/or the Internet, Commission hearings are available at www.sfgov.org. Under the heading Explore, the category Government, and the City Resources section, click on SFGTV, then Video on Demand. You may select the hearing date you want and the item of your choice for a replay of the hearing.